Banking Expo open launches its rewards program to celebrate the significant advancements of open banking in the global financial services industry. Equifax is the launch partner of the program.
The ceremony will take place in London, UK on July 15, and the program is now open for registration. The registration deadline is May 28 and they can be submitted through www.openbankingexpoawards.com.
Open banking has driven the most significant digital transformation shift in financial services in recent times to drive competition, drive innovation, and give consumers and businesses greater control over how their finances are managed.
The Open Banking Expo Awards is the only independent awards program in the open banking space. It will celebrate the innovators, disruptors and visionaries around the world who have been at the forefront of the open banking revolution.
The program offers 12 categories, which can be found at: www.openbankingexpoawards.com/live/en/page/categories. They include awards for the best Open Banking partnership, the best application proposal, the best customer experience and the Open Banking for Good award. The #PowerOfTheNetwork award is in association with the Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE), which will recognize the industry’s best response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Depending on the success of the UK Government’s roadmap, the awards will take place in person during London Fintech Week at Level 39, London. The ceremony will be broadcast virtually to engage a global audience.
The jury covers the experience of the open banking ecosystem and includes:
- Lana Tahirly Abdullayeva, Advisor, Digital FS – Growth Strategy & Innovation
- David Beardmore, Director of Ecosystem Development, Open Banking Implementation Entity
- Helen Bierton, Director of Banking Services, Starling Bank
- Christian Clapton, CEO, Canada Open Banking Initiative
- Pedro Pinto Coelho, founder / president, Fination / Portuguese Fintech & Insurtech Association
- Simon Cureton, CEO, Financing options
- Mark Curran, Director of Corporate Banking Services, TSB Bank
- Richard Davies, CEO, Allica Bank
- Nilixa Devlukia, Regulatory Expert, Resolved payments
- Charlotte Duerden, Managing Director UK, American Express
- Simon Eacott, Head of Product Development and Innovation (Payments), NatWest
- Carlos Figueredo, CEO, Open vector
- Kate Frankish, Chief Strategy Officer, PAY.UK
- Janine Hirt, COO, Innovate finance
- Tanja Imamovic, leader of open banking, Raiffeisen Bank International AG
- Mark Loch, Director of Pooled Payments and Money Services, Tesco Bank
- David Parker, Director, Polymath Consulting
- Hetal Popat, director of open banking, HSBC
- Eyal Sivan, Head of Open Banking, Axway
- Rami Thabet, Vice President – Digital Product, RBC
- Dr Ruth Wandhöfer, Global Fintech 50 Influencer
“I am always delighted to witness the invention and creativity within the ecosystem in bringing new open banking products and services to the marketplace and these awards provide an opportunity to recognize and celebrate those who are at the forefront of user innovation, ”said David Beardmore, EcoSystem Director of Development for the Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE). “The past 12 months have been marked by continued growth in open banking, with over 3 million consumers and small businesses regularly using open banking compatible products to help them manage their money more efficiently.”
“We are delighted to sponsor the inaugural Open Banking Expo awards,” said Jayadeep Nair, Director of Product and Marketing for Equifax. “Through the turbulence of the past year, it has never been more important to be able to clearly and quickly understand an individual’s financial situation. We firmly believe that combining the power of open banking with data from credit reference agencies is the key to helping organizations improve their accessibility, collection, risk management decisions and create a customer journey. faster and more efficient thanks to integration with brokers. It’s time to recognize the innovators who led the way in open banking in 2020. ”
“Open banking innovation continues to grow better and better and is now making its way as a mainstay of the daily banking experiences of millions of people around the world,” added Adam Cox, co-founder of ‘Open Banking Expo. “The pandemic has only made this worse, highlighting a huge opportunity to improve social inclusion at all levels. As we enter a new era of data-driven financial services, we look forward to receiving a high number of entries. ”